OMG! Book Clubs on Steroids!


::Flashback to 2005::

It was the day of Parent Orientation (the Thursday before school began).  I was a third year teacher on a fourth grade team.  We were departmentalized and I was set to teach Math and Science...my LOVES...until {dun dun dun} one of the Reading/LA teachers accepted a position at another school leaving the team to hire a substitute-turned teacher in her place.  The curriculum coach turns to me and says, "I need you to teach Reading and Writing."  {insert tears}  I was beyond nervous, beyond scared, beyond bummed.  I understood why she "needed" me to teach Reading and Writing to these fourth graders - the state tests!

I had only taught kindergarten before teaching 4th grade Math/Science.  I didn't know WHAT I was doing.  This was before Pinterest, before blogs, before basically Facebook lol

The curriculum coach was so helpful.  I can never thank her enough.  She introduced me to Book Clubs and my kids fell in LOVE.  I still use them to this day...



WAIT...NOT EXACTLY... Now I use Book Clubs on Steroids!!


In 2005, the Curriculum Coach gave me 4 activities to do with my Book Clubs.  Over the past 9+ years and Common Core, they have evolved to 30 activities and 5 writing prompts.

I have finally finished this compilation just in time for the TPT Back-to-School Sale :)  So plop it into your cart for the sale!!  Go to this link to be directed to this invaluable resource :)

Here's a sample of one of the Reading pages:


Here are the Writing Prompts:

So look for this cover page in the TPT store!
 Common Core Reading and Writing Strategy Practice

Thanks for the LOVE!!

Summyr

No comments

Background created by Julianne. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top